Peacemakers is offering a reduction of 82% on the price of its Peer Mediation Plus programme until 30 March 2022.
For more information about Peer Mediation see our article What is Peace Mediation?
Peer Mediation Plus includes:
- Pupil Workshop – An interactive workshop of 60-90 minutes, with each class that mediators will be selected from [up to 3 classes] to explore what mediation is, how it will make a difference to playtimes and the skills needed to be a mediator.
- Mediation Training – The heart of the package will be three full days of training with up to 24 selected peer mediators. Pupils apply to be a mediator or are elected by their peers.
- Staff CPD – 3 twilights (or one half day and one twilight) for all classroom staff to understand how mediation can benefit the whole school, and how staff can support the scheme. The training includes the theories that underpin relationship building, maintaining and repairing.
- Lunchtime Supervisor Training (LTS) – a session to understand the role of peer mediators and the LTS’s role in the mediation team.
- WM Peer Mediation Leads Network – an invitation to join a new network, connecting you with others leading mediation in schools.
- Evaluation – a full evaluation of the project, including a follow up visit to the school once the scheme is established.
West Midlands schools without a current Mediation scheme in place can take part.
Training will take place at your school for both staff and selected mediators by our experienced trainers.
Training will begin in the Summer or Autumn terms 2022.
The actual cost to deliver this work is £2,265.00 per school. Peacemakers are asking for a contribution of £400.00 per school. However, if cost to accessing this scheme is a barrier for you, please do get in touch to discuss how they can help you.
If you would like to apply, please email Libbs Packer at email@example.com before 30 March.