Date(s) - 07/04/2020
16:00 - 17:30
Coventry Council House
This CPD session run by Coventry Prevent on 7 April will explore what makes an issue controversial and supports participants by providing tools and information needed to teach about these issues.
Aim of the session:
- How schools can provide safe spaces for their young people to discuss openly issues that concern them
- Teaching strategies that promote open respectful dialogue including questioning techniques to open up safe debate
- understand what controversial issues are and why they should be taught.
- develop confidence in exploring controversial issues.
- be able to apply classroom strategies for handling and exploring controversial issues.
- have an overview as to what guidance exists for handling controversial issues.
Trainers: Coventry Prevent Team